- The masthead will always run.
- Conflicts among columns, letters and/or editorials caused by
space limitations on the opinion page shall be resolved by the editor
in chief and the opinion editor.
- In general, letters have
priority over all other items on the opinion page. Which items shall be
published shall be determined on the basis of the available editorials,
columns and other materials for the opinion page.
and letters may be run on news pages depending on circumstances and at
the discretion of the editor in chief as long as they are clearly
- All art expressing an opinion shall come before
the Editorial Board for discussion and a vote on its suitability and
consistency with Roundup policies.
- A vote is taken to determine whether the board believes the art contains any objectionable
vote may be taken if the board wishes to have the art run under the
editorial standing head, thereby making it the opinion of the paper;
the vote must be unanimous.
- The opinion page is the result of the effort of the entire Editorial Board and not
of the opinion editor alone.
Back to top
721 Cliff Drive Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394 Main Campus Phone: 805.965.0581 © 2018 Santa Barbara City College