The mission of the Office of Institutional Assessment, Research, and Planning is to promote awareness of our effectiveness as an institution, foster innovation in pedagogy, and support integrated planning.
We pursue this mission through the application of research in student learning and achievement, the measurement of and dialog about overall institutional effectiveness, and the application of these factors into an integrated cycle of continuous planning, decision-making, evaluation, and improvement.
Specific activities include:
- Maintaining a comprehensive longitudinal data warehouse that serves as a basis for research and analysis
- Working with faculty, staff, and management to analyze and understand data related to program development and improvement
- Serving as a resource to college departments for research design and methodology
- Exploring new opportunities for research aimed at improving student success and institutional effectiveness
- Providing leadership and resources for the assessment of student learning and achievement
- Supporting the goals of the Student Equity Plan and the Student Success and Support Program
- Supporting program review, accreditation, and strategic integrated planning processes
- Tracking student needs, satisfaction, and outcomes
- Meeting relevant state and federal reporting requirements
- Designing, administering, and analyzing internal survey projects
- Assisting in the generation of data needed for grant applications
- Keeping the campus community informed about research and data