Get FREE help to quit!
965-0581 x 2298 Student Services 170
The Benefits of Quitting
Here at Santa Barbara City College we recognize the importance of physical health as it pertains to academic performance and overall wellbeing. We offer an incredible Tobacco Cessation Program for those students whom have decided they would like to quit smoking, chewing, or using other forms of tobacco. The benefits of quitting tobacco include:
- Improved circulation in the body
- Increased energy throughout the day
- Improved self-esteem
- More money for other things
- More oxygen to the body
- Lower anxiety and stress levels
- Increased ability to smell and taste
- Whiter teeth
- Fresher breath
- Increased productivity
- Healthy lungs, deeper breathing
- Ability to exercise increases
- Longer life
- Improved quality of life!!!!!!!
These are just some of the incredible benefits of being tobacco free. We know that quitting can be challenging, however it is absolutely achievable with the resources available to our students.
- Individual counseling with skilled Tobacco Cessation Counselors
- “Quit Kits” filled with accessories to help the quitter get through cravings
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (nicotine patches, gum, and lozenges)
- Step by step instruction and caring support for your quitting process
- Gifts and incentives for successful benchmarks
If you are currently a tobacco user and you want the health benefits of being tobacco free, please take a stand for your health and well-being. Call the Student Health Services at (805) 965-0581 ext. 2298 and make an appointment for Tobacco Cessation today. Improve your quality of life!
Click here for simple de-stressing techniques.