Welcome to the Academic Counseling Center!
Santa Barbara City College is in the process of changing several Math and English course numbers which will be effective Fall 2016. This could impact your course planning. If you have questions please click HERE for more information.
Please identify yourself and click through for more information:
New Students & ParentsSelect your last school attended:
Another College or University
SBCC Returning StudentsContinuing and Returning Students
We're Here To Help!
The academic counselors and support staff of the Academic Counseling Center are here to:
- Assist students in planning and implementing immediate and long range academic and career goals.
- Develop individualized Student Educational Plans (SEP).
- Provide students with information regarding academic planning, institutional and transfer & SBCC requirements.
- Counsel students on success strategies.
- Provide referrals for major selection, personal counseling career counseling. Conduct advising services for new students.
- Conduct classroom presentations & workshops.
- Teach Personal Development/College Success courses.
- Evaluate U.S. college transcripts.
- Collaborate with Career Center and Transfer Center and other student services to support student success.