What is a Career Assessment?A career assessment helps you gain an understanding of your interests, values, strengths, preferences and personality type. This will help you explore an occupation or a course of study that fits your particular profile.
Career assessments can help you:
- Increase self-knowledge
- Clarify your interests
- Begin career exploration
- Choose a major
- Choose a career
- Change careers
The Career Center Assessment Packet includes the following:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment helps identify job families and occupations that are a good fit for your reported MBTI type. It has been used for more than 60 years to help people become more satisfied and successful in their careers.
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII) is a powerful tool that identifies your interests systematically. The results can help guide you toward rewarding careers, work activities, and education programs.
- Values Exercise: This activity helps you identify and prioritize values that can influence your satisfaction with potential jobs.
- A personalized written report summarizing your interests and strengths.
- Group workshop with a career counselor to interpret the results of your assessments, and help you develop a career/educational plan.