SBCC is committed to creating a healthy environment through a holistic and integrated approach to implementing sustainability projects. With a proven history of academic excellence, SBCC is committed to enhancing student health and experience, while encouraging a District transition towards sustainability and resiliency.
SBCC's District Sustainability Plan is our vision for what sustainability means to our campus, our people, and our future. Our Plan was created with campus and community input and includes goals and strategies to reduce consumption of natural resources and provide the SBCC community with a healthier and more sustainable campus environment.
Our Achievements to Date
Since approval of the 2014 SBCC's District Sustainability Plan, we have made significant progress on our goals and achievements.
Update Fall 2017
- Revise the 2014 SBCC Sustainability Plan and goals and establish an updated Plan
- Organize district sustainability efforts and implement goals and strategies that are in alignment with the District Sustainability Plan
- Explore appropriate 3rd party verification programs verifying district sustainability performance
- Share updates through shared governance process and workshops
- Encourage Sustainability education in college functions
- Develop a physical location for SBCC Sustainbility and project opportunities for campus stakeholders and student participation
- Join the workgroup! Email email@example.com
Check our SBCC's Sustainability Orientation!